01 January 2010

Out with the Old & In with the New

2009 is over and 2010 has begun. Time to throw out all those things you have been hanging onto for months or in my case years...  I ended up being called off from work New Year's Eve and was able to dig through my closet in search of all those items that I no longer need. And I found a lot of junk.
First was the gay pride sweater that I got several years ago. I never really wore it because I'm not a huge fan of turtleneck sweaters. I feel too trapped in them.
This shirt I got on sale for $5 probably 5 years ago and it still had the tags on it. Wow.
My UK College of Nursing shirt... I never really liked this shirt and I kept it for almost 2 years after I graduated.
These are from back in high school. That is 6 years ago plus some.
And then there is all the bank statements, insurance letters, etc from 2008. Time to shred it up. And I did have a lot of fun using the shredder. AJ was not too thrilled that I kept using my fingers to unjam it while it was plugged in. I didn't loose any fingers. :)
Not including the trash I found, there was quite a lot of clothing, shoes, useable stuff that is going to go to Good will for other people to buy. Out with the old in order to make room for the new... I love presents.

No comments: