29 December 2009

When Life Hands You Chicken...

I have recently discovered Julia Child and her amazing cookbook, "Mastering the Art of French Cooking."  The cookbook where every recipe starts off with take a pound of butter. I'm not about to copy the feat by the character in the movie/book "Julie & Julia" but just thought it would be a great way to learn new recipes and how to cook different things. I will never attempt an aspic or jellied meat molds. That just sounds disgusting. Tonight is the Supremes de Volaille Archiduc or Chicken breasts with paprika, onions, & cream. I'm also making buttered asparagus tips. Sounds delish. I can't wait to actually eat the fabulous meal that I'm going to prepare.  We had to ask the manager at the Kroger wine & liquor where vermouth was in the store. I also learned a lot about vermouth from him. It is something you don't have to keep in the fridge after opening and it never gets the vinegar taste that wine gets after being opened.

In order to counteract all the amazing food I'll be making I've started doing P90X workouts. So far the arms, shoulders, and biceps workout was really very good. Apparently you do a day of the workouts and then a day of cardio. You alternate so Monday, Wednesday, Friday is the workout and Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday is cardio, with Sunday as a rest day. I should be buff and tuff by March. Haha. I just want to look good in a wedding dress and burn off all the butter I'll be eating. Bon appetite.

No comments: