I'm sitting here curled up on the couch listening to possible wedding music on a cold dreary day. I can't help but think about what I was doing this time last year or even 10 years ago. The music is playing and I'm doing a beautiful waltz in my head of memories. I step back and forth through the years to times when life was so very different. My Mom was alive and I still had all of my Grandparents. I go to visit my Grandmother Carrico and I still picture my Granddad sitting in his chair at supper and moving his hand across the table like a spider to tickle me. It makes me smile just thinking about it.
Music is amazing in that it helps bring up memories that you once thought had disappeared into time. Things you thought weren't important at the time. "Reminiscent Joy" reminded me of the endless love my family has shown me throughout the years. I listen to "Butterfly Waltz" and think about when I was a young girl playing outside in the yard and making messes. The songs seem sad at first but they are dynamic-ly sweet. They offer sadness and new beginnings.
My wedding will be a incandescently happy time but it will offer some sadness for me. So many people I want to be there won't be visible to my eyes. They'll be there only in spirit and in my heart. I won't let my sadness show, the overwhelming happiness I will have will overpower any sadness I will possess on that day - a day for celebration and joy. In my loved ones' honor I will play these beautifully crafted songs and let everyone feel the power of them and I will smile and look radiant on that day for them as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment