Don't you remember when your parents answered, "well life isn't fair" when you asked why some kids got ponies for Christmas and some didn't? Well I think that phrase has finally hit home completely and with force. I've known since I was a little girl that life wasn't fair in any way, shape, or form, and that some people got everything in life and some people had nothing at all. Well I always thought that I had nothing at all. I didn't have a pony, or a big brother, or all the toys in the world. Now I still don't have any of those things, but I am blessed with a rather large family that loves me, many friends whom I care deeply about, and Myrtle, my turtle...okay just kidding, and I am blessed with life. I get to spend time on this planet that many see for a short time. Now I don't want to get all sappy or anything, but people tend to take life for granted.
Nursing school has sucked the pleasure from the hands of many of my classmates and they have become stressed out over little things that really don't matter in the big picture. Will an essay really matter once we graduate and begin to work? Not really. As far as I know, not one employer looks at essays written while in nursing school when someone interviews. I find all the work we are currently doing, busy work, and pointless and now I am not letting it get under my skin. I allow it to bounce off my back and I just get it finished. I don't worry about what another student is doing and if they have an extension or not. What matters is that I do what I need to do and I really don't give a damn what everyone else is doing. Some may need extensions on essays so that they can actually get it finished due to things beyond their control, but why would I, who has nothing at all to do this weekend, choose to use an extension just so I can procrastinate more? Eh? How many times have I heard in my life that something isn't fair? Too many to count... In all fairness there should be no suffering, no hunger, no pain... the list goes on and on. In all fairness we should all be down for the count. If we all got what everyone else had, then we would all be poor, living on the streets in huts. In all fairness we should only worry about we, ourselves are doing and leave others well enough alone.
No comments:
Post a Comment