I have two weeks under my belt now and yet I don't feel like I know anything about what will go on this semester. I feel completely clueless. Although I do know that every week I am required to write a journal about my feelings. So here is what I feel: that this semester is a waste of my time, that psyc nursing is not what I want to do, Eastern State Hospital is haunted and old, that I am bored with the busy work, and that it is completely pointless for Seniors in college to write book reports that have nothing to do with nursing. We are not in English classes anymore and we do not need to write a book report. My time would be better spent doing other things. I don't need to write a book report to work with patients. Enough of my wild ramblings.
I have officially begun the last year of classes and I am excited about being completely finished. Yet I still don't know where I want to work when I graduate. I will end up in Lexington for a few years at least, but which hospital and in what area? I have no idea. I have plenty of options among all the hospitals in Lexington, and I guess I could move if I needed to. Too many decisions coming up in the next year for me.
Two weeks ago my Dad finally got married and the reception was a lot of fun. I invited Stacey and we danced the night away. I loved it. And I loved seeing all of my family. They just got back from Italy today and enjoyed themselves immensely. However, they lost their bags going over there and Kathy lost hers on the way back. Boo. But I'm sure they bought me a fun present back. I have another wedding coming up in 3 and a half weeks. I am excited about that one too. I get to wear a fun dress and celebrate my cousin's and his soon to be wife's wedding. Yay.
I am enjoying living in this old house with five other girls. We sat and talked last night out on the deck. It is so nice having a deck with lights on it so you can enjoy the outside. I also love not having to walk up stairs to bring my groceries or suitcases inside. I am going to be spoiled this year.
Before I know it, this year will be over completely and graduation will be before me. Wow, time flies right out the window and before you know it you don't know who you are anymore...
No comments:
Post a Comment