I am finally completely moved in and unpacked, although collectively we still have several boxes in the livingroom and dining room to unpack. My roomies did unpack and straighten up the kitchen while I was at work and it looks good. But everything is beginning to take shape. We now have internet and cable. I love the DVR. And our air conditioner is fixed for the back of the house. It went out sometime this past weekend and we didn't realize it until Monday. How can you not realize that the air conditioning is out? I have no idea but we didn't. And it is working really well now.
I haven't really had time to notice anything the last three days as I have been working 36 hours the last few days. It almost felt like 200 hours, but it really was only 36. I did more the last three days then I have at work since I've been there. I actually had to go across the street to buy cigarettes for a patient who is only happy when he can go out and smoke. I also ran down to the PACU twice in one day to take things for a patient that was moved there and I also had to get food for a patient from the kitchen. I didn't really mind. I was tired of doing other pointless things. Work is beginning to get on everyone's nerves. Not only did we not get any kind of raise, they have also started a new process to make UK one of the top hospitals. I don't really know how the hospital will be a top hospital by getting ride of staff, but I guess maybe they know something we don't. I just wish I had gotten a small raise like they normally do. I'm just afriad that the staffing changes will make everything worse and not better. But they don't really ask the employees do they? I'm just glad that I'm only there as a tech for another 8 months or so and then I can decide where to go from there. It's kind of scary that this time next year I will be a RN in charge of patients. Duhn duhn duhn duuuun. Scared yet?
No comments:
Post a Comment