I am officially exhausted and today was only the first day I had to work this week. I guess part of it is that I have had to sleep on my sister's floor on an air mattress in her livingroom. The other part is that a bird that has decided to build a nest in the dryer vent - which I am sure is a fire hazard - chirped all night long waiting for it's parents to bring it food. Well it hasn't chirped all day today so I think it might have starved to death. I also have been having horrible acid reflux that kept me up half of last night sitting as high up as my pillows would allow me to keep that reflux from getting worse. I took as many tums as would allow and finally forced myself to fall asleep around 11:30 or so. Today however I went out and bought a new over the counter medication which I hope will prevent me from having any more acid reflux this week until I can go back to my doctor.
As I sit here, I feel as if I am going to fall over asleep. I can hardly keep my eyes open and it is only 8:30pm. That is hardly like me. Work ended up being far easier as I was only there for eight hours instead of 12 today. What a surprise. I don't mind working less amount of time when I am tired. Tomorrow will be a long day since it is a 12 hour shift. Those days always crawl by and the last four hours don't come fast enough. It will be nice when classes do begin again in two weeks. I will be able to say goodbye to the 12 hour shifts and will spend more time with four or eight hours. There are also a lot of jobs that are being switched around. Since Good Sam became part of UK Hospital, many nurses are being told they will have to move to Good Sam. I hope I am not one of them. But I know my job is fairly safe since my wing is not over-staffed.
T.V. has become a boring unending summer of reruns and I am becoming exhausted by sll the shows that keep playing the same episodes. I miss the fall with the new shows every week and all the different newly discovered plot lines. The heat is also becoming unbearable. The heat is like a smothering blanket and is keeping everyone inside well away from the stinging sun. But all I can say is that I am glad I have air conditioning.... oh wait I don't have a home to have air conditioning. I am homeless. Not a big deal though. I will have a home on Friday. Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment