20 July 2007

The Summer Flies By...

The Summer is flying by and it is getting closer to being over. About a month until classes start back and I"m not fully ready for class yet. I've been busy since I came back from Italia. I've been working about 36 hours a week the last two weeks and will be working a lot until class begins again. I went camping last weekend with the family at Barren River Lake and enjoyed myself. I haven't been camping in years and it brought back memories. Sitting around the campfire making s'mores and sleeping in the tent listening to the katie-dids sing their sad song. I missed it. There weren't any katie-dids in Europe to listen to, and since there wasn't any grass close to our apartment there weren't any type of singing bugs. How sad.
I've been slowly packing up my apartment and taking stuff home so that when dad comes up there won't be so much stuff to move. The apartment is beginning to look very sad and I have very little left. I don't move into my new home until August 10th, but my lease runs out August 7th at noon and since I work all day August 7th I will have to be out completely the 6th. I will have to stay with my sister for the three days until I move into the new place.
Dad is also in the process of selling his house and moving Kathy out of her house, since she sold hers already and has to be out sometime the upcoming week. So most of her stuff will be placed in storage where mine will also be left until I move. Dad's wedding will be 25th of August and I also have another wedding 29th of September - my cousin's. I received my shoes for my cousin's wedding today and will have to send them to Ashley (my cousin's fiance) to have them dyed a chocolate brown. I'm beginning to become tired of the busy schedule I'm holding at the moment, but soon enough I will finally be able to relax and concentrate on something completely different - class.
I was supposed to work tomorrow, but it doesn't look like I will be able to go in. Oh well. I rarely miss work. I was planning on driving home after work so I could attend my dad and Kathy's "we're getting married party". I guess I will still be able to attend that, but work is out of the question. My life keeps getting more complicated. Harry Potter comes out tonight at midnight and I will receive my copy sometime tomorrow by the UPS man and will finally be able to find out what happens to Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I am excited. I know many people have been waiting for the upcoming book. Well I guess I need to get back to watching my summer fly by. Ciao

No comments: