The week is going well except it's been close to 100 degrees in our apartment and over 100 in the sun. But the humidity is nonexistent. Not much has been going on. I know I've already told you all about my weekend. We did walk to the Piazza della san michelangelo yesterday and ate an apertivo or appetizers at Zoƫ's a nice little place that fed us bruscetta, paella, veggies, dips, rice salads, and a strawberry and orange cocktail. It was delicious. The bruscetta here is not like the kind you get at home in the states. There isn't any monzerella cheese on top it's olive oil and tomatoes, and basil that's it. But it's so much better than the kind with 5 pounds of cheese on top. I'll make some when I get home. I need to buy some good olive oil though.
I don't know what my weekend will be like. I may go to Lake Como and Siena. But I need to save my money since I just bought a spontaneous plane ticket to Paris with some of my friends. Now all we need is a hotel room and train ticket to Milan. Yay for us. Unfortunately there will be a train strike this weekend so we don't really know what may be going on next week. Hopefully nothing. That's about it for now. I'm trying to learn some Italian and stay cool. But even sitting in the coolest part of our apartment is 80 degrees or more. Ciao.
1 comment:
What is it about you, vacation, and transportation strikes? The Transportation strike in New York started while we were up there and now this. You must be bad luck to public transport.
Oh, and I link to your blog from mine, you totally need to return the favor. :)
Post a Comment