Well It's Monday again and that means class. Although I can't complain as I only have 1 class a day. Today is hot. I don't know exactly how hot, but hot. Almost miserable in our apartment.
This weekend was a lot of fun. We started off in Cinque Terre in Montarosso and did the 2 hour long hike past vineyards, houses, through forests, up a mountain and back down into Vernazzo. It was beautiful. The views of the ocean and the 5 cities along the sea. Amazing. I took pictures but I am just going to wait to go home to upload them as these computers take forever and aren't reliable. We took the train back from Vernazzo home and got up early for Venice Saturday. The biannale wasn't as crowded as we thought it would be and much of the art was video clips where people were making random noises. It was strange. But brazil had a piece that was of a major city along the coast made out of bricks and stuff. The bricks were the houses and had little windows, and there were roads, graffiti, a soccer field. It was amazing and would have taken a long long long time to put together. The pictures don't do it justice. It was probably 100 feet long and 12 feet high. We spent the rest of the day shopping at the various glass shops. I bought a clock and a few other things. The glass objects they had were just amazing to look at. Hugh chandeliers and birds, animals, little gondolers. It was a lot of fun. We didn;t get to go on a gondola. We talked him down to 16 euros a person (about 80 euros total) for 40 minutes. for 5 of us. But one of the girls decided she didn't really want to go after all.So the deal didn't stand. I wish we had gotten to go. But if you want it cheap you have to pretend that you want to think about it and it will drive the people crazy. They want you to go so they'll figure out a way to get you to go. But Piazza San Marco was full of people and millions of pidgeons. I was amazed that I didn't get pooped on. But We enjoyed eating our gelato and watching the people walk by. Our train ride home was a nightmare though. We were supposed to leave at 8pm but the train from venice to bologna didn't leave until 845 pm and then the train we were supposed to catch at bologna was running an hour late and was supposed to leave at 10pm but luckily it wasn't even there when we got there or we would have had to take a bus. But then we didn't leave bologna until well after 1130 because they had to change the engine. So we got home at 130am and had to get up at 6am for the beach trip. We all made it though. Luckily the seats in the compartment cars we were in pulled out to form a bed. We all slept on the train.
The beach was fun. Although it wasn't like a florida beach with nice white sand it was covered in rough coarse sand and seaweed. The bottom of the ocean there was also covered in seaweed. So very strange. We ended up renting a paddle boat with a slide on it for an hour. That was fun. And the cute life guards got to help us back onto the beach. CAn you picture 5 girls in their 20s sliding down a slide. It was a lot of fun and cheap. 12 eruos total.
We ended up all going to bed early last night and slept so well. Who knows what I'll get into tonight. I was supposed to go get a frozen drink today with class but she said it wasn't mandatory. So I decided to grab a computer while I had the chance and email. I may swing by festival for gelato on the way home. Oh my new flavor is fruti de borsca. Or cherry flavored. Yum. I may get pineapple today. Well ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment