26 June 2007

Rain

So finally today there is rain. The temperature is in the high 70s and it feels wonderful. I've never been happier. We finally made the hotel reservations and train reservations aboard the eurostar train today for Paris. We have to spend the night in Milan Thursday but who really cares. We will be staying in a nice hotel get free breakfast and be close to the shuttle that will take us to the airport so we can fly to Paris. The train will take about 3 hours to get to Milan from Florence. Which isn't bad. I don't mind trains as much as planes. At least on trains you can get up and walk around and you have a ton more room. I would love for there to be more trains in the U.S. Things would be a lot simpler. We will get to spend 2 full days just about in Paris and will be staying on the outskirts near the southern part. We don't really mind it was about 200 euros cheaper and looks really nice. We will be able to use the metro though. Eifle tower here we come. It ended up being me, Alisha, and Chelsea that are going. No one else could go. But that's okay we will have fun anyway.
Oh Monday July 2nd is a big day in Siena. It is the palio or horse race. If you've seen under the tuscan sun the part where they are throwing flags is part of the ceremonies that come before the race. I may end up leaving class early so I can go and join in the festivities. It's once in a lifetime I may get to see it. But they throw flags and then they ride bareback on horses through the piazza del campo in the middle of the city and whoever wins gets a palio or flag. I guess it's more of a trophy then what you would win if you won the soccer game that I was talking about held this past sunday. Although it didn't take place the winner would have gotten a cow. How fun is that?? I want to win a cow. Oh well. Everything else is going well. We went to the movies last night to see "lucky you" we didn't really like it. So if you are thinking about going, don't. It's boring. Tonight they are showing pirates of the carribean, but I decided not to go. I'm going to read some more of "a million little pieces." I bought it at a book exchange store and love it. Everyone should read it. Not much else going on here. We went to mercato centrale or central market and recieved more catcalls. I think people go crazy when it rains. They have some good deals there though. Even with all the catcalls and crazy people. I prefer to go in groups though.
I'm accumulating a lot of pictures. I wish you all could see them. They are spectacular. Well gotta run. Dinner time. Buenasera. Ciao.

No comments: