I've heard good things and bad about Milano. People say there isn't much to
do there or see and it's expensive. Our hotel is 85 euro a night for a
triple room. But we do get breakfast and a bathroom included. So many of the
hotels don't have bathrooms in the room but you go outside in the hall to
use to shower and have to pay 2 euro every time. It's annoying. So we
decided to splurge. We get to stay in the fascist capital of the world.
Milano's duomo (cathedral) looks like something from a horror movie. It has
all these spires that shoot up from the ground and it just looks scary. Like
the Beast from Beauty and the Beast would live there. Oh and all the same
stores like Prada, Gucci, etc can be found in Firenze too where most of the
designers originated. So why go to Milan except to spend the night.
And tomorrow we go to Paris the city of lights and eternal love. But we
won't feel much love from the french people since we are Americans. They
don't really like us being in their country apparently. But it will be a
change from Italy where all the men go "Baby are you lost?" Ciao bella and
many slang terms that I cannot repeat. The weather will also be cooler in
the 50s to 70s and maybe rainy. Instead of 80 to 90 and sunny. I'll need to
buy a sweater. But that's okay I can find them when I get there.
Today I started to get all my things together to pack and realized that not
everything will go back into my large suitcase that I brought even with my
small rolling suitcase and two carry on bags. I'm going to have to buy
another suitcase. I guess maybe it's my wine that I'm bringing back. Does
anyone know how much I"m allowed to bring back. Is it 1 liter or 3 bottles.
People keep telling me different things. I'll check on the customs official
website.
Oh apparently we made an Italian friend. He was a waiter at a local
trattoria and gelatoria and made these coffee drinks with milk and espresso,
and something else. It was wonderful. I can't remember the name. Well
Shayla one of my roommates befriended him, Vincinco, and now he promised to
take us on motorino rides around florence and show us some sights on the
outskirts since unless you are a resident living in the center of florence
you can't drive through it or into it so you drive around it. But we'll see
what happens. I always wanted to ride on one.
As of today I only have 5 days left in Europe and 3 left in Italy. I fly
home next wednesday on July 4th. What a way to spend my 4th of July. Well I
hope everyone has a lovely weekend and I won't be thinking of you all since
I'll be enjoying Paris. Just kidding. Love ya, ciao
_________________________________________________________________
Like puzzles? Play free games & earn great prizes. Play Clink now.
No comments:
Post a Comment