14 May 2007

Just a Hop and Another Hop Away...

So it's down to just 17 days until I go to Italy. And I'm already itching to begin packing up my suitcases. Just think that in three weeks I will be smack dab in the center of Florence in 90 plus degree sunny weather eating cheese and drinking wine. Sounds lovely doesn't it? You know you wish you could go. Just today I made myself sit down and pick the seats on the airplane I want. They did have me assigned to sit in the ghetto in seat 48B. That's all the way in the back of the plane. The very last row before you get to the bathrooms. Um.. no. So I chose seat 18B, which is 30 rows closer to the front and on the aisle so I can get out easily. I don't do well with being stuck in the very back next to the bathrooms. 48B is the last to load and the last to get off...ick. I deal better being near the front. Being in row two of the second section of coach is ideal. Plus I will only have one person sitting next to me. Hopefully it will be a hot single guy who is very entertaining and will make the flight seem just like a hop and a skip long. Unfortunately leaving Nashville at 10:30 on Thursday and arriving in Florence at 10:30 on Friday will make it appear like 24 hours. Talk about messing with your head. I won't know what day it is or what time.

Today I also took out my first ever loan from the bank. I will have $5,000 to use on my trip to Italy and it will help me establish credit, which the loan officer says is already really good for a college student. All I have to do is sign the paperwork that they should have finished later today or will send to me. Awesomeness.

Summer break has officially begun, and I'm loving the 80 degree weather and the smell of freshly cut grass, although it does make me sneeze. But I don't really mind. I hate the cold weather of winter and would much prefer to be able to escape into air conditioning when my allergies became really bad then being forced inside by 20 degree weather.

If anyone wants regular emails and or a postcard while I am in Italy, email me at Jenny_carrico@hotmail.com and I'll be sure to send you something. And I'll upload pictures for everyone to see at http://picasaweb.google.com/JennyCarrico
Ciao for now : )

No comments: