02 May 2007

I Never Said I was Graceful

I am finally finished with finals week, and all I have to show for it is a Scooby-Doo band-aid. But we'll get to that later. Some how my nursing class is required to have armed guards at all of the entrances to our rooms this week.... hem.. I wonder why. Just in case we pissed off a certain person who used to be in our nursing class. I can't go into details, but after all of the things that have happened at other colleges and schools, they are taking preventative measures to prevent anything from happening to the precious nursing students... It was kind of disturbing to walk out of our classroom after the test and see a guard with a gun standing at the door. And yesterday we had to move our testing location to another room just in case. Scary stuff. I knew something was up when three of our past instructors and the dean of the college came into our room yesterday morning bright and early. It's too early in the morning to die. A+ if you get shot and die, bonus points if you save everyone else.

My Scooby-Doo band-aid was earned today after my final nursing exam. After seeing the armed guard, I guess I was caught off balance and was walking non-chalantly across the road, In the cross walk I might add, and slid to a nice stop in front of 20 plus cars. Of course I look around to see if anyone saw me because it was so friggin' hilarious. Well apparantly no one did, I wish they had. Now all I have to show for it is a bruised hand and a scrape on my ankle. I never said I was graceful.

No comments: