With only finals left of the semester, I am ecstatic and sad at the same time. After next week I only have a year left of school and then I will be out in the working world. Scary thought at least for me. I have taken to listening to music lately to occupy my time and prevent me from studying and becoming a grouch. So I may randomly throw song lyrics in my little discussion on life. So keep that in mind if my rambling doesn't make much sense.
Working at the hospital puts a lot into perspective sometimes. I see older patients who may be dying, and they have no family or visitors of any kind. I find it a lonely existence and very sad. I don't want to be a dying patient in some random hospital without and family around. That is not what I want. And it makes me wonder if they had a fulfilling life. Did they accomplish everything that they wanted to? Do they not have anything left to live for? I never find out, because normally the patient is in no state to discuss their life with me and I tend to stay busy at work.
Now for a little lyric story that I concocted.
I set out on a narrow way many years ago, Hoping I would find true love along the broken road, But I got lost a time or two, Wiped my brow and kept pushing through. I Got a package full of Wishes, A Time machine, a Magic Wand, A Globe made out of Gold. So I'll sit right here and have another beer in Mexico. I'm going for a drive, I'm at these cross roads in my life. I want a brand new house on an episode of Cribs, and a bathroom I can play baseball in, and a king size tub big enough for ten plus me. But Life ain't always beautiful, sometimes it's just plain hard. Tear out my Heart, feed it to Lions, for this one wish I beg you this tonight show me no mercy but spare me my pride. I'm gonna trade this life for fortune and fame I'd even cut my hair and change my name. God bless the broken road because There's more to this than Love, sunlight is on the bridge, sunlight is on the way, tomorrow's calling.
I know it makes no sense but, hey that's life for ya. Life doesn't make sense. EVER! But that is okay. I leave to go to Italy in 34 days... And my friends keep telling me that I will meet a wonderful Italian man, fall in love and live in Florence forever. Well, at least I'll move back to Italy once I graduate supposedly. I have to finish college first.
No comments:
Post a Comment