14 April 2007

Rain Drops are Falling on My Head

The birthday week is over, finally, and I can get on with class and studying. Almost all of my major assignments are turned in and nothing is left to do for another two weeks. Thank god. Although I did have a pretty good week, spent eating pizza, cake, and laughing with my friends. And I will have to say it was the first time I have ever gotten a tissue box that looked like a face where you can pull the Kleenex out of the nose. Now that is my favorite present.

The weather is still messed up and I can't help but to feel like the Earth is crying with me. Nothing but rain and coldness. Nothing but the birthday blues. But now that a new week is only a day away, everything is looking up. Warmer weather is forcasted and I can't wait. A rafting trip is scheduled for next weekend, and I will actually get to have some fun and get away from Lexington.

There are only two weeks left and finals are looming ever nearer. Well better read those books since most of us haven't even opened many of them. I'm just looking forward to the weeks after finals. No homework and counting down to Italy when I can leave all this behind for a month and think about what I want over the course of the next year. And trust me, there is a lot I need to think about. What I want to do after I graduate, if I want to go to graduate school and where. I just want to get away from Kentucky for a nice long vacation, away from everyone. Although I will miss Myrtle, my turtle. She doesn't talk back, much. She's the silent type.

No comments: