02 April 2007

Don't Rain on My Parade!

What is it about the sun that puts everyone in such a good mood? You would have thought that everyone woke up on the right side of the bed this morning as happy as everyone is about the sunshine. Yet, everyone keeps talking about the cold weather we will get on Thursday. The day before Keeneland opens. One of the most anticipated days of the year. Everyone loves Keeneland, with the sun dresses, horse races, betting, food, crowds, and of course drinking. I love it just the same as everyone else does. But somehow the cold weather always puts a damper on my parade.

The month of April is my month, always has been and always will be. Ever since I was little. April is my month, the month I was born in. I normally got two days of presents due to Easter and of course on my birthday. It somehow always seems to be nice on my actual birthday. From what I can remember. The sunshine knows when to shine and when not to.

The sun may shine this year on my birthday, but I won't get to enjoy it. I will be spending the remainder of my days as a 21 year old writing essays, attending classes, and finishing all of my homework that happens to be due the day before and after my birthday. I take that back. I will be spending Saturday at Keeneland with my family and Sunday having Easter fun. I love getting kites and chocolate for Easter. It's my favorite.

No comments: