07 March 2007

Spring Forward

It's beginning to feel a lot like spring every where I go. I'm loving the weather today. It's sunny and almost warm but I can't help but realize many of my friends are going to be graduating in about two months. Everyone will be going their separate ways and finding jobs and I can't help but feel like I'll be left behind. Granted I am going on my own little adventure this summer, but I will no longer have the best roommate ever. I will be moving into a house with five other girls, all of whom are in my nursing classes. That's a lot of time being spent together. Hopefully we won't kill one another.

This kind of weather makes me wish I was a little girl again and would get kites for Easter. Even when there was no wind I would try to fly my kite all afternoon. I would run all over the backyard with the kite trailing along on the ground until I either broke my kite or I became bored. Normally the kite would break before it would do anything else. I would love another kite and I miss painting Easter eggs. That was back when life was simple. All I wanted was candy and toys. Now I need money and this and that. Not nearly as simple as it used to be.

Next week is spring break. Can you believe it? Where did the time go? It seems like it should still be January. Insane. Hope everyone is going somewhere warm and sunny.

No comments: