22 February 2007

22nd Day of the Rest of your Life.

It's the twenty-second day of the rest of my life... I finished my first French oral exam after I did my written exam yesterday. Je m'appelle Jenny. J'aime voyager, nager, et dormir tard. J'ai un chien, un chat, et ma famille est grande. I am glad it is over. I think I did a great job explaining the weather and what Celine Dion likes to do. Why Celine Dion? She's just the person that we were asked to describe today.

As I sit here eating a very juicy apple I can't help but feel relieved that most of my Italy paper work is finally finished. I have a short essay, a few copies of important documents, and scholarship forms to fill out. I am making copies of my passport as we speak. I have the most ghetto passport photo ever I think. I only have to wait 10 years to get another. Oh and I also have a student visa to get. But I have to wait for things to be sent to me so I can take them to the Italian Consulate. Give me a gold star for being on the ball. 97 days and I'll be in Italy. I may be asleep the first day but I'll be in Italy.

I finally decided what I am going to do for Lent. I am making myself work out at least 4 days a week. I also am giving up sweets and soft drinks. I am allowing myself 1 piece of chocolate a day or one small package of M&M's. That's it. I love chocolate. I can handle it though. I am trying to eat healthier. I've been pigging out.

Since I am bored I shall tell you a little about Florence, Italy (Firenze). It was a Roman colony originally and established in 59 BC. That's a long time ago. It was under control of many different groups throughout the years. But today it is Italian through and through. The street numbering is confusing. It runs in relation to the river. Numbers start from the end nearest the river if they run perpendicular and east to west if the street is parallel. Odd numbers are always on the left side and even on the right. There are red numbers for businesses and blue/black for private buildings (apartments). The two systems aren't in order. A apartment building street # 39 may be next to a restaurant street # 98. Crazy huh?
Well gotta get ready for clinical. I'll tell you more about Firenze later. After all I have my life to live.

No comments: