I don't know what it is about days like today. It just makes me feel like I'm missing out on something special, something I wish I had. I just miss her. My mom. Three years, eight months, and twenty-four days later I am still wondering if I'll ever get over almost picking up the phone to ask her a question or wishing I could talk to her one more time. Hearing my friends talk about spending time with their moms just makes the emptiness worse. But time does heal all wounds. It may take a long time, but it does slowly heal. I wish I could turn back time, but the pain of loss is still too strong in my mind and I want no more pain. I wish I could cure the pain of others. The pain of loss, the pain of hearing that someone they love has died. The pain of watching their family member waste away to nothing. But I can't. No one can. Time is the only cure.
"Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us can want, is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go."
No comments:
Post a Comment