03 October 2006

Examination of my brain


Okay so my last few weeks have made me look closely at my brain. Well maybe not my brain, but you know what I mean. I have had one wedding for one cousin over a week ago and I have another in Alabama this weekend. The last wedding (Shaun's wedding) had tons of rain.... we had flooded roads, chickens died, people got wet feet, fields were ruined. It was crazy. But hey I had a great time at the reception with an open bar and dancing all night long with a great friend Courtney and my other cousins. I still can't do the electric slide without tripping over my own feet.
This is the one and only picture I took at the reception/wedding. How sad. But Logan's wedding on Saturday will have more. Ashley will actually be able to come. yay!!

Well in the midst of all the weddings I have had tons of nursing stuff to do. Since I am in nursing school - wouldn't I have nursing stuff to do? yes of course. We have an exam pretty much every week, which leaves me little extra time when I should be studying. (I don't study as much as I should). I blame it on senioritis. After all it is my 1st senior year.
In fact we have an exam tomorrow over heart problems (congestive heart failure, valve problems, hypertension) and acid reflux/ulcer problems. Sounds like fun huh? It really is. We get to learn about the drugs and signs and symptoms, and who gets these problems.... I can diagnose you if you want me to. But I don't feel like it. I really should be studying right now. Oh well.
On another note, I found out my acid reflux problem hasn't improved much so I get to do a barium x-ray thingy next Tuesday. I get to drink barium and then have x-rays of my stomach to see how bad the acid reflux is or what really is going on. Can't wait.

The ghetto children who live behind us are beginning to get on my little nerves. I'm guessing it was them that tried throwing rocks at my window trying to break it. Why is that a good idea? I don't know.

An update on work: They are now changing the east wing to a surgical step down unit. That means that surgical patients who are stable, but still need a lot of nursing care will be coming to us. There will be 3 patients to 1 nurse. Not much of an improvement since the patients will be sicker. And apparently my manager is leaving? Who we will get I have no idea. I don't like the idea of having a new manager. I am really considering transferring to another area of the hospital. Maybe PACU since they already offered me a job earlier this year, but I couldn't take it due to the number of hours for orientation. I may try to do that over Christmas break.

Myrtle, my turtle is prissy just like always. Currently she is stretched out on her little island with her feet stretched out sleeping. She spent all day swimming around her little lagoon, so she must be tired. I fed her a ton today too. She just loves to eat. I had to order her some new food and a lamp since it will be getting colder soon, and she's almost out of food. Can't let her starve.
That's all for now. I need to examine my brain some more....

No comments: