30 October 2006

Do I really have to choose?

Sometimes I wonder what I am actually supposed to be getting out of life. I think about what everything is supposed to mean, what I am really supposed to be doing with my life, and where I am going in life. I sit here with my nursing notes across my lap and wonder do I really want to be this kind of nurse? Am I meant to be a med-surge nurse? Should I go into something less stressful? And I come up with the same answer every time - you have time to decide what to do with your future. And I do. I have plenty of time. I am traveling abroad next summer in Europe, I am going to study french next spring and Italian next summer. I am going to make the best of my situation and enjoy every minute I can. I want to learn as much as I can. I love learning new things, that's why I'm going to do French next spring, I learned a little in middle school, but I needed another class to be full time and french 101 will fit nicely in with my nursing classes and I can take it pass fail. Why not Italian? Well they don't offer Italian 101 next spring. French will come in handy when I go to Paris. I have already filled out my first study abroad application today and will go by the foreign affairs office for a nice long visit tomorrow to plan and discuss everything. Exciting.
arrivederci

No comments: