11 August 2006

Me - A Single Apartment Dweller

I have one week left before Stacey comes back for class and the new roommie - Jenny - moves in. I am ready for someone to be here. I am tired of the "single" Life. Lately I have been cleaning out cabinets and closets to make room for the new roomie to put away her stuff and so that Stacey can have back her old space. So far it's looking a lot better. Over the summer I tended to just put stuff in cabinets just to get it out of sight and it's gotten pretty jumbled. The fridge is still pretty messy. I really need to eat up the food I have in there, but lately of course I've been eating weirdly and haven't been able to eat much of it. Much of it needs to be thrown away or frozen. Which will cause another problem. Too much stuff in the freezer. What to do what to do.

I really need to vaccume since yesterday they shampooed my carpets and there is fuzz left everywhere. It's annoying really to get out of bed and have wet carpet. I really hope that it dries soon. Oh the woes of living in a place where they don't ask if you want your floors cleaned. But at least the carpet is clean. As for the rest of the place it's still kinda dusty and one of the bathroom sinks is still leaking. The maintenance man is occupied with fixing up the other apartments and keeps telling me that it will be fixed eventually. Well you can't say I didn't try.

What to do during my last weekend of solitude? Well I have to work. Saturday 7am to 7pm and Sunday 7am to 3pm. What a downer. But I plan on going home Sunday after work to see my dad and my puppy - Honeybear - before coming back for another work meeting on Tuesday evening.

isn't she cute?

Class hasn't started yet, but I feel like I am already behind... That isn't a good feeling. I have close to 100 pages to read in my nursing books before the first day of class. Maybe I should get started on that - but I think I'll do that next week, like everything else. Procrastinate now instead of later - you'll have more time to get caught up.

No comments: