06 August 2006

Are you Spifficated?

It was one hell-of-a-long weekend, but I am glad it is over. I just went to the Fancy Farm Picnic to visit my dad's side of the family. When my family gets together we tend to do strange things. This weekend was no exception.
Somehow it came up that spifficated meant drunk... and the doctor in the family confirmed it. We had cousins getting spifficated all weekend long - before, during, and after the actual picnic.

What is the picnic? Well, it is the small town's catholic church fundraiser that they do every year, and the largest one day bar-b-que in the world. They have political speakers that come as well, and games for the kids to play. My family - the Carrico family - is in charge of cooking the meat... all 18,000 pounds of it. That's a lot of meat.


This year I decided to spend most of the actual picnic day at the pool instead. We went a little crazy, but had lots of fun. There was drama, many drinks consumed, and tons of splashing, hitting, and throwing going on all day long.



My cousin, Wes's attempts to burn "FU" onto his chest didn't really work.
For some reason the "girls" decided that next year we would participate in the 5K run. That is over 3 Miles... it might be a bad idea....We'll decide next year.


Since I don't have any female cousins around my age I have to befriend my cousins' girlfriends. There are Ashley and Courtney - two of my favorites and now part of the family. Unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the group after we left the pool, but I'm sure I will be able to get them from another source.

No comments: