Summer has come and almost gone. School is back in session for school age kids and begins for college students next week. That marks the beginning of no longer being able to find parking spots easily and driving through campus. Although I only will be on campus 3 days a week it will still take some time to get used to the traffic increases around the mall and all across Lexington. It has been nice being able to drive 15 minutes to get from my apartment to campus, but that will increase in less than a week. It feels strange not to be buying books and preparing for the first day of class. I no longer have to get up and study or write essays or sit in lectures that mean nothing to me. But I do miss it and will end up taking a class in the spring. Maybe a literature class or a language class. I have a feeling that eventually I will go back to school to do something further with my career. But we shall see.
I'm glad that once I leave work I am finished with work and can think about other things. Such as my new computer. It's really pretty. A nice new MacBook. Love It! It has lived on my couch for the past week. I still have my old computer, but now it has a friend. They work well together. I can transfer files between the two and do everything I want to do. I am almost used to how a mac works. I have a lot of new programs to play with and I think I am going to like most of them. Some I will never use. Oh well they were free. It helps that I know people who can give me programs from his computer. I guess that is what boyfriends are good for.
It's been over a year since I went to Italy and I really can't believe that the year has flown by. It feels like I just went to Italia and made a lot of great friends. But that is life. You live and you have to go on despite you wanting to stay in a moment forever. Life won't wait for you to be ready to move on.
Work is one of my biggest things at the moment. I'm having to learn to balance work and sleep. I never enjoyed 12 hour days and I still don't. Waking up at 5:30 in the morning is not my ideal by a long shot, but I do get off at 7:30pm and only work 3 days a week. Soon I will be picking up an extra shift every other week to earn some extra money and pay for things that I need, such as a new car and a house at some point in the future. Many goals to be set for the next two years. The next two years will be exciting and stressful I am sure. But that is life.
Nothing exciting has happened at work so far. There have been times when it was myself and another new nurse alone on the floor for 10 patients. Those were not good days. They were very stressful, but now they have worked it out for us to have 3 nurses for 12 patients. So work is slowly getting better.
Ciao.
No comments:
Post a Comment