07 February 2008

Scavenger Hunting

I feel like I'm on a scavenger hunt and can't find my next prize. Searching for an apartment is the most difficult thing right now. And there are so many choices. What area do I want to live? Do I want a balcony? walk-in closet, dining room, fireplace, pool, workout facility, pond, ceiling fans? Do I want a walk through kitchen or a galley kitchen? All the choices keep running through my head.

Last Saturday I decided to jump in my car and check out a few apartments. The first place I went, Saddle Brook, was an cute and enjoyable place to look. Set on a small pond surrounded by trees, the apartments have private entrances and patios where I can sit and watch the ducks swim. All of them have fireplaces, that I will probably never use, big living and dinning rooms, bedrooms with walk-in closets, and a bathroom with a seperate vanity. The only things I don't like are that they have a washer and dryer already in the unit and the kitchen is a galley kitchen and feels closed in. The staff are really nice and friendly. I would probably move in today if I could.
The second place I went to, Spring House, fell far short of Saddle Brook. I walked in and the manager was so "busy" that she almost failed to even give me a brochuer until I asked for one and told me I needed an appointment to view any of the apartments. Today I actually went back with an appointment and still didn't get to see any of the apartments. She also told me very little about the property other than what was on the brochure. I was completely unimpressed and when it came time to leave I shook her hand and felt like I was shaking a limp fish. I won't be signing any leases there.
The apartment search is still on for the perfect place for me. Or maybe I have already found it. We'll see what turns up.

No comments: