12 June 2007

Quant'e?

So today it looks like it will rain again. Oh well. By now I'm used to it. Apparently it makes better wine if there is more rain. So I guess that is a good thing. Italian is going well. I'm enjoying class. I don't remember if I said that we went for gelato yesterday for class and had to order in italian. I did molto bene. I'm picking things up quicker here. Which is a really good thing if I want to be able to get what I need. Although many people speak English here. so no matter where you go someone will be able to speak english. It helps out for those people who don't know any italian.
Well here is a phrase of the day: Quant'e? or how much? It is good to know how much something will cost before you buy it. TOday I went shopping. I love Italian clothes. I probably spent too much money. But I learned an important lesson always carry your drivers license or a copy of your passport so they can compare the names on it and your credit card. I didn't have any problems though other than asking me why one had Jenny and the other Jennifer. I can't help it if my nickname made it onto my credit card. Oh well.
I also learned a good lesson that after awhile you get tired of pasta. Well I found green beans, and breaded chicken patties that are the size of a silver dollar. So really small. They taste like chicken nuggets. They help to break the repitition. Because I can't keep eating out. Too expensive. So I'll settle for making makeshift meals. I have no idea what I will cook when I make it home. Probably pasta. You have to eat it at least once a day. Otherwise it's just wrong being in Italy and not having any pasta for a day!! How dare you. When we got here we also discovered nutella. It's a hazelnut and chocolate mixture like peanut butter. It tastes good on everything. I tried it on ritz crackers today. Almost like heaven in your mouth. Delicioso. If you've never tried nutella, go find it and try it. Unless you are allergic to nuts or chocolate.
I guess that is about it for now.
Love you all. Ciao, Jenny

No comments: