We all know I'm on my Ob and pediatric rotation this semester in my nursing classes. Well if you didn't you do now. And I was blessed to witness the miracle of life... You mean to tell me something that big comes out of something that small?! What the %$#^! I didn't really say that but come on people, you tell me if you want something 7 pounds and 3 ounces coming out of your va-jay-jay. That's gunna hurt - it's going to feel like something the size of a cow is coming out of you. If you want a free birth control method that requires you doing nothing and paying for nothing, see a baby being born. lol.
This delivery looked like a text book delivery (from what I've read). The mom only pushed for 10 minutes and the baby popped out. (it made a pop sound, lol). The baby was so cute. I just wanted to stay in the newborn nursery and play with him. I'll be in Labor and Delivery for the next two weeks, so I'll have more birthing experiences and will want an epidural and drugs when I decide I want kids in 20 years or so.
After we watched the baby being born, it was 10 minutes or so that the placenta was birthed. What is that you ask. Well it is the thing that attaches the baby to the mom via the umbilical cord. It has to come out too. Imagine a jelly fish on a thick rope. It kinda looks like that, but bright red. That was kinda cool to look at. But if anyone is thinking about having kids, the whole birthing process is worth the joy the parents feel afterwards. That was pretty cool to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment