Today was the first day that I have ever been pulled over by the police. It wasn't my fault....(well that's what they all say). Hey I didn't get a ticket or put in jail.... I didn't even get a warning. (Awesome). Courtney was a witness.
I'm just driving down Nicholasville rd to go to Walgreen's and pass through the Waller light. We are singing and dancing to the music. And what do my wondering eyes see? Not Santa and his reindeer, but blue lights....Oh damn. I pull over two lanes and say, "Courtney what did I do?" I wasn't speeding, I just had my break lights replaced, my registration is updated. Why did he pull me over?
"Do you know why I pulled you over?" Well no obviously not.... (I didn't say that) "You have no idea?" (didn't I just say that?) No sir. I don't...
"Well you ran through the light at Waller." I thought it was green. "You didn't see that it was red?" No I didn't. "Did you not hear the car honk at you?" No I didn't. "You just pulled off Waller on a red light." I was driving down Nicholasville rd. "Where did you come from?" Virginia ave. "Oh well I was just going to let you off with a warning. But apparently it was another car that looked just like yours, I didn't get a look at the license plate. They almost got hit and another car honked at them, and looked at me like 'aren't you going to do something about that?' So I felt like I needed to do something."
(Well that's all well and good, but I really felt like my brain was playing tricks on me).
Good thing I made Courtney get the registration and proof of insurance out of my glove box, and didn't make her hide the open bottle of alcohol she had in her lap that we were going to drink later.... luckily she had it hidden by the stuff out of my glove box.
I'm one lucky girl... We thought maybe they could pull you over for bad dancing.
No comments:
Post a Comment