When I turned on the tv tonight I didn't expect to see the movie that is the most quoted to me on - Forrest Gump. Yes it is true, I have heard every line from the movie quoted to me:
Bubba: Anyway, like I was sayin', shrimp is the fruit of the sea. You can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, shrimp-kabobs, shrimp creole, shrimp gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple shrimp, lemon shrimp, coconut shrimp, pepper shrimp, shrimp soup, shrimp stew, shrimp salad, shrimp and potatoes, shrimp burger, shrimp sandwich. That- that's about it.

Forrest Gump: Why don't you love me, Jenny? I'm not a smart man, but I know what love is.
Or my favorite: Run Forrest Run!!
Why people think that sharing a name with one of the main characters of the movie makes it okay to shout random lines at me I dunno. - I was born with big gums sir - It is rather entertaining to listen to people butcher lines though. People hardly ever get the quotes correct. They normally just start saying random things like Forrest. - There was Dallas, from Phoenix; Cleveland, he was from Detroit; and Tex... well, I don't remember where Tex come from - But it does get tiring after a while. Pretty soon people begin to call me Jen-nay and want me to say lines from the movie. First of all I may be from the south, but I wasn't born in the "hippie" era, so it won't sound the same.... - It even rained at night - You may think it's fun to quote the movie to Jenny's but think twice before you do next time.... - Somebody turned off the rain and the sun come out - the movie does bring back memories of years ago when the movie first came out and the only thing I was called was Jen-nay. Lovely movie though. I enjoy it everytime I see it. - Then it felt like something just jumped up and bit me - But what would our lives have been like without a little Forrest Gump? Let's think about that for a second. - I gotta save Bubba - I would not have ever been referred to as "my Jen-nay" by my cousins, or called Jen-nay for that matter. No one would have known all the ways shrimp could be cooked, We wouldn't have quotes like: life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gunna get - the only good thing about being wounded in the buttocks is that they give ya all the ice cream you can eat.... Lt. dan ice cream - Tom Hanks would never have been as big a star as he is now, and when would we have had a chance to meet Bubba? - For some reason ping pong came really natural to me - Gotta love Bubba. We wouldn't have Bubba-Gump hats. - It made me look like a duck in water, whatever that means - Poor Bubba.
We should all remember that despite what I say outloud, I really do enjoy being quoted Forrest Gump. - I had a destiny, I was Lt. Dan Taylor... You still Lt. Dan - So keep the quotes coming.
Forrest Gump: I don't know if we each have a destiny, or if we're all just floatin' around accidental-like on a breeze. But I, I think maybe it's both. Maybe both is happening at the same time.

No comments:
Post a Comment