29 June 2006
4th Of July
So we have this holiday called the 4th of July... I understand the meaning behind it. We signed the Declaration of Independence and gain our freedom from England...but where did the whole tradition of shooting off fireworks come from? Who thought it was a good idea to mix drinking with explosives? I guess someone was sitting around on their porch and was like why don't we get drunk and then send stuff high into the air and blow it up. Fire and beer goes so well together.... I guess we can't complain because every American probably participates in this celebration in some way. Some cities and towns even have a parade. It's a weird tradition I know, but why not decorate trucks and trailors and drive down main street throwing candy out to the children and the drunk adults. It keeps them from setting things on fire. We should keep them busy. So to all those who are going to participate in this wonderful tradition this year, Drink plenty of beer, eat tons of bar-b-que, and remember don't drink and drive you might spill your beer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment